Tuesday 11 June 2013

Being More Open.

So a good friend of mine asked me the following question. I approached on a personal level due to my experiences in general. Here's the question:
Do you think cultural differences will decline as a roadblock due
to the development of globalization?
yes or no ?
My response:
It may to an extent only when an individual is usually exposed to globalization on a grand level. I felt the need to be more open and accepting of different culture only after coming to Canada. Whilst in Bangladesh,I wasn't exposed to that much vast culture difference even though Globalization had well begun to make its impact. Majority of us back home(in Bangladesh) grew up to having many preconceived notion about general things such as race,cultural background,ethnicity etc. But I think us countless international students had our share of exposure to variety of situations that really made us be more open and understanding to things and not be held back due to those aforementioned preconceived views . So overtime cultural differences might decline but at a gradual pace and not at the rate that would generally be desired for the masses.  

Just wanted to share this.

No comments:

Post a Comment