Sunday 19 January 2014

For the love of Possibility!

I have been a fan of TED talks for a while now. Every now and then I would come across some really thought provoking, inspiring talks that really makes my day. The following TED talk is by Liz Murray who is known for her journey from being homeless to graduating from Harvard University. 



You would think she would highlight her own amazing journey up front to get her point across the notion of falling in love with possibilities, but she describes one of her major inspiration and how it reaffirmed her belief of going beyond the obvious and achieving things that may be deemed "impossible." It really is her fantastic and upbeat attitude towards life in general and how she loves to run after the notion of "what if" that makes this TED talk really worthwhile to watch. It really is quite the thrill to chase after your dreams and I personally agree. For the longest while I used to make barriers for myself thinking that I wasn't going to achieve goals or dreams that may seem way out of my grasp. Yet overtime I became confident enough to give it a shot to achieve them with my absolute all. Sure like her, I too stumbled and fell flat on my face but it was so much more thrilling and exciting to get back up again and prove myself and the world, otherwise. 

Liz Murray went through a lot considering how she became homeless at quite a young age, lost both of her parents to drug addiction and finally to aids, and the morbid list goes on. Yet in this talk you can see that she has integrated all these hardships within herself and came out of all these as a woman of confidence and will to achieve things that challenges the norm or what the society expects of people like herself in their darkest days. 

This year will present big things to my life that while I am deeply scared of, I am also confident as to what I have to bring to the table. It'll be a year of me falling in love (yet again)with infinite possibilities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment